- 2-3 long red chillies, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 10-12 garlic cloves, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 large handfuls of finely chopped curly-leaved parsley, leaves only
- 4 heaped teaspoons of dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt flakes
- 5 teaspoons of red wine vinegar
- 4-5 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 5 teaspoons of cold water
Place the chopped chillies and garlic in a bowl.
Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well combined. Cover the bowl with a sheet of cling film, then set the mixture aside for 4-6 hours to allow the flavours to infuse, or preferably overnight.
To serve, spoon a generous helping of sauce over the meat, fish or vegetables you are serving.